AEGIS Energy Risk is the leading hedge advisory firm to oil and gas producers. We serve as a “think tank” focused on our clients’ price risk exposures. We develop customized comprehensive hedge strategies based on their specific financial framework, risk tolerance and economic objectives, all in light of the fundamental and technical aspects of the ever changing markets.
Our approach is to make sound hedging decisions based on the current market fundamentals.
We take into account the unique attributes of our clients to structure an optimal hedge portfolio specific to their needs.
We ensure the hedges are implemented with our clients’ counterparties efficiently, both from a price and operational standpoint, and provide all back office support for reconciliations and reporting requirements.
As the market changes, we monitor the hedge portfolio looking for opportunities to add new hedges, as well as to fortify the existing portfolio.
Spectrum Of Services
Commodity Risk Advisory
Strategy and Execution
- Hedge strategy and structuring per individual company metrics (production profile, lender borrowing base requirements, leverage, etc.)
- Continuous monitoring to further fortify the existing hedge portfolio as well as opportunities to add new positions
- Hedge execution to ensure price and operational efficiency
- Hedge counterparty implementation support (hedge counterparty introductions, inter-creditor (ICA) or joinder agreements, ISDA schedules, Dodd-Frank onboarding procedures, etc.)
Full Back Office Capabilities
Audited Compliance Reporting
- Real time hedge execution, confirmation verification, and reporting
- Month-end settlement calculations, counterparty settlement statement verifications, receivable/payables reporting per hedge counterparty
- Hedge portfolio tracking and accounting services
- Real time hedge position reporting
- Third party mark-to-market verifications as well as audit support
- Fully customized reporting for the needs of private and public clients
- Hedge portfolio presentations (internal, board, lender, public)
- Portfolio valuation verifications – SSAE 16 compliant reporting
Energy Market Fundamentals
- Proprietary research for our clients, which incorporates the market fundamentals driving our thought process and view on the hedge strategy
- Technical and physical market attributes driving the current market dynamics
- Gas basis and crude locational differential perspective and hedge strategy (supply/demand, infrastructure changes impacting take-away capacity, etc.)
Hedge Portfolio Planning
- Pre- and post-petition hedge portfolio strategy and execution
- Third-party accredited portfolio valuation
- Hedge portfolio restructuring and liquidation
- Cash-flow and liquidity analysis
- Post-petition counterparty development and implementation
Chief Executive Officer