AEGIS SEF, a CFTC registered Swap Execution Facility, is currently hiring an Associate in Operations to join our growing team. This role provides real-time support to Commercial End Users, Commodity Trading Advisors and Dealers participating on the AEGIS SEF electronic marketplace. The candidate must be analytically inclined and be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. This position will be based in The Woodlands, TX, and reports to the AEGIS SEF Executive Team.
- Interact daily with AEGIS SEF customers to enable effective use of the AEGIS SEF technology Platform and provide ongoing support.
- Process improvement: Analyze current operational processes and identify inefficiencies. Develop and implement new processes to streamline operations and improve productivity.
- Training and Documentation: Develop and maintain documentation and training materials for operational processes and procedures. Outcomes could include improved process consistency and adherence to standards.
- Compliance and Risk Management: Develop and implement processes to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and mitigate risks. Outcomes could include improved compliance and risk management processes and procedures. Influence AEGIS SEF technology direction by applying real-world experience to the technology roadmap.
- Bachelor’s degree (required); emphasis in Business, Finance and/or Mathematics preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with data analysis and visualization tools such as Excel, Tableau, Power BI, or QlikView.
- Understanding of business operations and processes, and ability to apply data insights to improve them.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as SQL is a plus.
- Knowledge of database design, SQL, and data modeling.
Travel: None required.
Expectations Beyond the Office:
- Represent the company and brand with pride and class;
- Invest in yourself and build a healthy work/life balance; and
- Be a good citizen in the local community and contribute to its success
Why Join AEGIS Hedging Solutions (parent Company to AEGIS SEF)?
AEGIS simplifies commodity and environmental markets for companies serious about managing their commodity exposures and/or emission footprints. AEGIS has unmatched technology and expertise to deliver market insights, tailored hedge strategies, efficient trade execution, and full-cycle management of hedge positions – all designed for regulatory compliance. AEGIS was recently named the industry leader in hedging solutions for an unprecedented fifth consecutive year. AEGIS was named the #4 small-sized company in Houston Chronicle’s Top Workplaces for 2022. AEGIS is headquartered in The Woodlands, Texas.
- We’ll give you the autonomy and resources to make an impact.
- Competitive Compensation and Bonus Eligibility
- Employer sponsored benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Short-Term Disability) package including 401k with employer contribution.
- Competitive Vacation that respects your time away to observe, have fun or simply rejuvenate.
AEGIS is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and internships. Aegis makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.