You do not have access to the industry's first bilateral hedge Marketplace just yet.
We are in constant search of great people who make things happen.
Bringing together market analytics, hedge strategy, trade execution, back office operations and digital insights requires people who are committed to excellence, biased to action, good teammates and able to have some fun.
We are headquartered in The Woodlands, TX, a 28,000-acre award-winning master planned community located north of Houston.
We don’t take ourselves too seriously but we do offer a great place to work, very competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous opportunities to learn and grow.
Thank you for giving us a look.
Naturally curious, mentally agile energy analysts are welcome at AEGIS. We are always looking for teammates who extend our capabilities into new markets and new financial-technology (fintech) tools for energy derivatives.
Part energy trader, part consultant, we look for market risks across crude oil, gas, liquids, and related markets that could blindside energy producers. Our publications and advice are used by energy executives every day. These producers look to AEGIS to identify risks, recommend financial hedging strategies to mitigate those risks, and take advantage of market moves to optimize their earnings.
The most important traits for success at AEGIS are not related to specific oil and gas knowledge, but you must have some background in energy economics to do well here. Our clients need subject-matter expertise as much as they need clear thinking and understanding of their unique situations. In this role, you would:
- Help form and communicate well-reasoned opinions on the future of oil and gas prices;
- Track industry developments that could change price and behaviors;
- Write professional articles that explain and predict price risk;
- Develop models that predict changes in supply, demand, and transportation of oil and gas; and
- Assist company sales efforts by attending in-person meetings (public speaking in small venues) as a market forecaster.
Necessary skills and experience for success:
- Excellent written and spoken communication. This not a placeholder or “of course” requirement – it’s the most important single factor for success in this role;
- Experience in oil, gas, power, or capital markets, whether in trading, derivatives, or marketing;
- Bachelor’s degree in a markets field, such as economics, finance, marketing, or similar;
- Coursework in statistics, microeconomics, and computational modeling, whether financial, economic, or otherwise;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and willingness to take a timed skills assessment; Experience writing software code (VBA, python, etc.) would be helpful;
- Knowledge of relational databases and how to construct queries and append data;
- Extremely pronounced sense of customer service and reliability; and
- Understanding of derivatives, their use, and their valuation.
Preferred, helpful skills to set you apart:
- Past responsibility developing a price point-of-view for an energy commodity;
- Master’s degree is preferred. It would demonstrate more complete mastery of current market analysis techniques;
- Outbound email and social media campaign design and execution;
- Data visualization experience in Power BI, Tableau, Spotfire, or similar;
- Exposure to the mechanics of oil or gas trading; or
- Knowledge of physical movements of oil or gas and regional prices (basis, differentials) that result from the physical movements.
This role will work hand-in-hand with the trading and strategy group to develop and assist in executing effective hedging strategies that protect cash flows for the clients of AEGIS Energy Risk. The candidate must be mathematically inclined and be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. The role requires an ability to assist in articulating and explaining complex derivative structures to clients, including senior-level executives. This position will be based in The Woodlands, TX and report to Director of Trading.
- Collaborate with the trading and strategy team to assist in developing and executing effective hedge strategies;
- Support traders by managing position reporting, trade blotter and confirmations;
- Constantly monitor energy markets and make suggestions based on the current fundamental views and current hedge positions; and
- Regularly interact with clients’ trading counterparties
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field such as mathematics, engineering, economics, finance and/or business;
- Professional MS Excel skills (including advanced formulas);
- Existing knowledge of energy markets (preferred);
- Highly Analytical and mathematically inclined; and
- Ability to remain organized under fast paced and high stress scenarios